Tuesday 2 August 2016

London - Where I Ate !


I’m finally posting my blog about London! I’ve decided to split it into two blog. This is the first and it’s all about where I ate! It’s not very often that I go anywhere and have such amazing food every time I eat out. All the places on my list except for one are on the Southbank simply because this was where I spent most of my time. Hopefully next time I go to London I’ll be able to explore a different area! 

THE FIND
Over The Road

























This little cafe was such a great find! Tucked away on Union Street, a minute walk for Southwark tube Station, we nearly walked straight past it but I’m so glad we stopped here for some lunch. With plenty of outside seating and a busy bustling vibe it was a great way to start my trip. Not only  was my salt beef bagel delicious but we paid £10 for two bagels, two coffees and a packet of pipers crisps! A bargain you don’t often find in London.

Top Tip : Bring a book to swap on the Book swap trolly - a great way to discover new reads!


THE ONE WITH ALL THE CAKES


Walking in here was like walking into one of my dreams - gorgeous cakes EVERYWHERE!  I finally settled on a Pecan Salted Caramel and Banana cake (which was heavenly) and some fruity homemade ice tea. It was so nice in fact that we went back the next day and had some more cake (don’t know which one it was but it had pink icing so I instantly fell in love) and coffee. 

THE SPANISH ONE



















 They had a great selection on small tapas dishes and we found it hard to narrow it down. We ended up getting a plate from each section on the menu, so we order the Manchego Cheese, the Jambón Ibérico Cebo (ham), the Octopus, the Chorizo de Rioja and the Baby Aubergine. All the dishes were tasty but my favourite was definitely the octopus because it was so different to what I normally eat and it was served with a delicious beetroot purée. We found that five plates were definitely enough between the two of us and left space for some cheeky chocolate churros for dessert. 

Top Tip : Even if you not that hungry it’s worth stopping here for a cocktail (or two) as spanish party atmosphere  will certainly get you in the mood for a fun night out


THE HEALTHY ONES


A healthy breakfast is one of my favourite ways to start the day hence I was so happy when I saw Crussh across the road from my hotel. Again there were so many things I could have bought (cacao & coconut bircher musli sounded sooooooo good!) but knowing I had a long day in front of me I wanted something I knew would keep me full for hours so I went for the Scrambled Egg pot with Hot Smoked Salmon and flax seed and as you might have guessed it was so *yummy and it did keep me full without being to heavy.  
(*I’m really running out of good adjectives to describe how nice the food was!)
I also had a latte with a ginger shot, something I’ve never heard of before let alone tried and it was surprisingly refreshing!



Another day, another healthy breakfast, this time at Leon’s a place I’ve heard a lot about but never been to before.  I don’t know if eggs in a pot is a London thing or just not a Cardiff thing but for the second day in a row I had eggs but this time poached and with smoked salmon and avocado.  I actually found this portion a bit small so I’d recommend either getting a large smoothie of which they have an abundance or requesting an extra egg.

THE ONE WITH THE VIEW



The last place we ate was the Kitchen and Bar on the sixth level of the Tate Modern. There are two  menus available the Bar Menu and the Restaurant Menu. Not being that hungry I just went for a roast beetroot, rosary goat’s cheese, orange, broad bean and quinoa salad and the crispy salt and pepper squid both of which were lovely but the main reason I’d recommend a visit? The view What’s better that relaxing in the calm oasis and chilled atmosphere of the Tate Bar while watching the hustle and bustle of Londoners on the other side of the river!

THE QUAINT ONE




















I don’t feel like I can give this cafe a full review considering I literally spent about fifteen minutes in here just to grab a coffee to go but I had to mention it. Even though it was insanely busy the service was impeccable and the cosy interior design and the delicious look of the cupcakes definitely mean I’ll make an effort to go back next time I’m in London!

THE PINK ONE


Last but not least I had to mention Snog for their insane pink double decker bus ! On the southbank it’s the perfect place to grab a light dessert after your evening meal. At only 140 for a little original snog how could I say no! You can choose from original , chocolate, salted caramel  or pomegranate flavoured frozen yoghurt with healthy toppings like fruit, nuts or granola or maybe some not not so healthy toppings like chocolate fudge brownies, gummy bears or oreos, Whatever your in the mood for you’ll find the perfect frozen yoghurt for you! Personally I went for he chocolate flavoured frozen yoghurt with popcorn and mango (to be healthy…..not).

I hope you enjoyed my list. Please leave a comment so I know people are actually reading my blogs hahaha! 
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment