Friday 19 August 2016

Today




Ok this post is totally unplanned but I feel like I need to get something off my chest. 
And credit to the amazingly talented Ffion Chant for the images - love you lots!

Today at 8am I opened my A level results and was devastated! Not only did I not get what I need to study medicine at Birmingham University but my grades were a LOT lower than I expected. I needed an A*AA but got an ABB in chemistry, biology and maths.  I felt blind sighted. What I’d been working so hard for, for the past four years of my life had escaped from my grasp. Guess what, I’m not use to failing to get what I set my mind on, especially when it comes to academic work and it was not a great feeling. I crumbled and I cried for a good hour, mourning the future that I’d planned in my head that I wouldn’t get to live.  

But…….today I also realised …… MY GRADES AREN”T BAD! I worked as hard as I possibly could for my exams and I got a frikin A in chemistry A level and that’s something to be proud of! I may not have got what I needed to do medicine but I have an offer to do Pharmacy so yey me! I’ve never really considered pharmacy because if I’m honest I’ve had tunnel vision since I was 16 about what I wanted to do but I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. Maybe it was 
just not meant to be! Maybe I’ll look back at my life in five, ten, twenty years and think THANK GOODNESS I didn’t study medicine. Maybe not! Maybe I’ll hate what I’m doing and decide to re-apply after getting another degree first. Who knows. My future is up in the air and although that is a hugely scary prospect it’s also really, really exciting! I am an intelligent, hard working, 18 year old with my whole life ahead of me  - these letter’s on the page don’t define me! They don’t represent everything I’ve achieved in the last seven years of my life. 

Today has made me thankful for the amazing friends that I have who have made me a better person and have always been so supportive of me, especially today when I needed them. I’m thankful for my family who I know will love me whatever I choose to do. I’m thankful that I live in a country where as a girl I’ve been allowed to go to school and haven’t been persecuted for attempting to have an education. I’m thankful that I’m lucky enough to be able to afford to go to university (even if my student debt will be humongous!). I’m thankful that I’m healthy and have my whole life ahead of me to make of what I wish.  


Today might not have gone exactly as planned but that’s ok because today is the first day of the rest of my life!


Follow me here on bloglovin / instagram / twitter !


No comments:

Post a Comment